Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Day 4: Maybe it won't rain?

I'm currently relaxing on top of a mountain at mile 59.5. Since I started at Mt. Laguna this morning and was only pushing for 15 miles, making it further than that by 3:30 is pretty awesome.


First thing: Regrettably my tablet died and was shipped home yesterday, and it was responsible for uploading pictures on the trail. Once I'm finished and back in civilization I'll upload all of the pictures with proper captions.


My first equipment casualty of the trip was my poor Xero Shoe sandals, which had given me leal service this past year, but no longer. They appear to have come unclipped from my pack sometime between Mt. Laguna and lunch at mile 52, and while I'll miss them, I won't be going back to look for them.


My second rattlesnake sighting was today but despite coming around the corner practically on top of him he was more than happy to get out of my way.


My knee is doing much better with the help of a knee bracenI procurement Mt. Laguna. I don't think I'll need to wear it tomorrow. I think my injuries will only get better from here.


To Sara Bailey, commenter: I don't yet have a trail name but the trip is still young.


1 comment:

  1. I love the updates. Hopefully you're feeling less like you've been hit by a train and more like the trail is conquerable. I hope everything is great!

    ReplyDelete