Friday, June 3, 2016

Day 20

As I was waiting for a ride in town I saw a truck with the licence plate "HUSKER KD" I talked to the driver, Cara, and learned that she was from Seward then she invited a few of us over for a dinner of pork chops and grilled chicken. It was the first home-cooked meal I've had since I left and it made me appreciate the value of side dishes, which you don't really worry about when you only have one pot. It was also a good change of pace to be able to talk to someone about the value of Husker football and runzas. It's really amazing who you meet on the trail.

Steps taken today/total: 0/600,576
Miles today/total: 0/369.40
Elevation gained today/total: 0/47,058
Elevation lost today/total: 0/51,385

2 comments:

  1. Love her Husker glasses! Glad to hear you are doing well Jake! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love her Husker glasses! Glad to hear you are doing well Jake! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete