Monday, June 27, 2016

Day 39

This morning we went to Grumpy Bear's, the only restaurant in Kennedy Meadows, for breakfast. They have an all you can eat pancake breakfast with pancakes so big they spill off the plate. Even hikers usually only manage one. I ate two. This is probably my proudest achievement so far on the trail since hundreds of people have made it this far but I'm the only one I know of that has been able to stuff two pancakes down his throat.
After sitting around for a few hours so I didn't feel sick every time I moved, we headed back out on to the trail and out of the desert. We officially entered the Sierra Wilderness which means for the next few weeks my main concern will shift from lack of water to bears eating my food. This section has been the carrot to the desert's stick for the past month, so I hope it lives up to the hype.

Steps taken today/total: 11,699/1,339,296
Miles walked today/total: 4.48/706.68
Elevation gained today/total: 406/108,616
Elevation lost today/total: 133/112,668

No comments:

Post a Comment