Friday, July 15, 2016

Day 62

I think I got more trail magic today than I've gotten any other day. It started at Carson Pass where volunteers had lunch for PCT hikers including fresh fruit and cold cheese, something usually reserved for town stops. When I got to the highway I got a hitch into South Lake Tahoe and the girl who gave me a ride let me into her gym so I could shower. When I got out, I was sitting there looking up places to stay when two older couples, Phil and Mel and Laura and Charlie, asked if I was hiking the PCT. When I told them I was they asked where I was staying and after I responded that I didn't have a place yet they invited me to their home. They let me do laundry and traded me a root beer float for trail stories. I can't say enough about what their kindness meant to me.

Steps taken today/total: 63,916/2,413,196
Miles walked today/total: 26.98/1,090.80
Elevation gained today/total: 5,870/191,078
Elevation lost today/total: 5,062/199,606

1 comment:

  1. Love hearing your stories! I'm so proud of you taking on this venture, and am grateful for the kindness you've been receiving from strangers! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete