Monday, July 25, 2016

Day 63

Today was my first true zero since Hiker Heaven at mile 454. Phil and Mel made it an easy decision to rest today because of their almost gratuitous hospitality. They helped me get around town to do chores and dropped me off at an all you can eat sushi bar so I could gorge myself for over an hour. They took me down to see the lake and we went to the amphitheater to listen to Sting and Peter Gabriel. At the concert they introduced me to their friend Mike who is a trail angel and has hiked the JMT. We talked about our experiences in the Sierras and how gear has gotten so much lighter than even ten years ago, when he did his hike. When I got back I realized that this is the first bed I'll have slept in twice on the entire trip.

Steps taken today/total: 0/2,413,196
Miles walked today/total: 0/1,090.80
Elevation gained today/total: 0/191,078
Elevation lost today/total: 0/199,606

No comments:

Post a Comment